! Disclaimer: I apologize in advance for possible errors in the text; I used a Google translator to translate the text into English.
1) This is my first game in the campaign, and the most difficult at the moment. The scene is the Snake's mouth, the Salamander's opponent. As soon as I saw the roster, I felt a little unwell. There was everything - and the monster, and the hero on the monster, and the new nominal detachment, and the cavalry (there was not really an all-paint, but for our small commune it's trifles). In short, I obviously needed to play very carefully, I was outnumbered and strong.
2) Deploying: I'm in the minority, and on my left flank I have catapults and ghosts, against me there is the Salamandrov horde, the hero-magician and the monster who also shoots (who read my previous report know that it will be repeated again - the complete loss of one flank on alignment). On the left flank is an interesting situation - a hill for which my Mummies are not visible against his cavalry and the hero on the monster. My plan is to shoot at the cavalry, because it's easier to confuse than the rest of the troops, and it's visible to catapults (the bridge does not interfere, it's lower). In the end, things happened a little differently than I expected ...
3) The course of the battle: The game started with a small miracle - my catapults hit the 5+ OBE. The shooting came in the horde of the Salamanders, as the cavalry was in cover. I made only 5 vounds, but it's better than nothing. Now my waiting will begin for a long time in a few turns, and my main goal is to bring my ghosts on the left and right flank to the rear. On the right flank it was hard, I suffered some losses from the hero's breathing on the beast, but on the left flank the result exceeded all my expectations !. My opponent, apparently because of inexperience, pecked at the bait and chased almost all his troops on the left flank - the horde of the Salamanders, the Elmentals of Fire and the monster - behind a small detachment of ghosts! This led to the sad consequences - on the left flank the horde actually did not reach anywhere, the monster brought several wounds to the ghosts from a distance attack, but could not destroy them. As a result, ghosts attacked the elmentals in the rear and destroyed them, making the magician with the surge useless. In general, the whole action began only on 4-5 stroke, before that there were only maneuvers. I came out from behind the hill, provoking the enemy to attack, but it was an attack on my terms - ghosts were already threatening from behind. As a result, the cubes were not on my side - I lost my mummies ... However, then I was able to attack the cavalry in the rear, and in the side - the salamander's detachment. After that, the battle on the right flank was actually won. The hero on the monster was also attacked afterwards, but stood under the blows.
In general, the whole action began only on 4-5 stroke, before that there were only maneuvers. I came out from behind the hill, provoking the enemy to attack, but it was an attack on my terms - ghosts were already threatening from behind. As a result, the cubes were not on my side - I lost my mummies ... However, then I was able to attack the cavalry in the rear, and in the side - the salamander's detachment. After that, the battle on the right flank was actually won. The hero on the monster was also attacked afterwards, but stood under the blows.
On the left flank, I eventually lost the ghosts - uh killed shooting from the monster, and I underestimated this shooting. Zombies fought with the horde of Salamanders, but only reached a draw - odneko, then they could still destroy them. Foot hero Salamander launched a fireball into the catapult, but this did not bring any effect.
4) Outcome: the rolls of the cubes were against me, in general, but I was able to implement a general line of my tactics - to wait for the opportunity, and to impose an attack on the enemy where it could bring me a profit. the battle was very strained and tactful, if my opponent was more experienced - it could all turn out to be much more sad for me.
My tense victory.
5) My expectations: everything went well. I was able to at least get a draw as a result, instead of the expected passage of Varangur to me skating rink. Of course, my opponent was a rather inexperienced player, but still ...
In a small village, in the Bay of Snakes Mouth tell a legend. The legend of the clash of the two armies. The dead resisted beings from the fire, and their battle was incredibly cruel. The flame of this battle was so great that the sand burned and turned into glass where the troops of lizardmen passed, and where they encountered in the battle with the undead. The dead have won, and the Desert has swallowed the bodies of the raptors. But the river near the village forever turned into a glass near the bridge, and it served as a living monument to the battle, which was many, many years ago ...
…the battle in which the sand turned into glass.